Friday, June 18, 2010

Calci---Um, did I forget to take that pill?

Hey, what's up with Boniva? Everytime I see a commercial, I get confused, which is interesting, because I thought it was intended to solve bone loss, not cause confusion. Anyway, I digress...my point is that Boniva seems strange to me.

What do you think it could possibly be made out of that allows it to sit in your system and give you enough calcium to last the entire month? Cadaver teeth? Discarded toenail remains? It's probably just a bone fragment wrapped up in a gelatin casing. The name even sounds like "bone eater", doesn't it? You know it does. Oh sure, the company would probably tell you that it means something like "Bone Life" Boniva! But I'm not buying it...or taking it for that matter, I'm not buying it OR taking it.

I'm sure for some people the ability to take a pill only once a month was a Godsend. But was it really so difficult to take a pill daily, or weekly? I don't know about you but I would find it more difficult to remember to take a pill monthy: "AAAAAAHHHH, what the hell? Did I take it on the 15th or the 18th last month? JESUS! JESUS! JESUS! God damn it, I'm gonna break a hip if I don't take that pill!"

I'm just saying, a daily habit is easier to create and maintain than a monthy one, right? Wait, I'll consult with my gnawed off fingernails to see if this is true.

Yup, their stump-like presence on the end of each of my fingers proves my point. Habits are easier to maintain on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment