Sunday, May 23, 2010

This Conversation Really Stinks

Lately, I have noticed that some women use their cell phones while they are using a public toilet. Who is on the other end of that conversation, huh? No one who wants to be, I'll tell you that. And what does the caller preface the conversation with: "Oh girl, be glad you are on my speed dial #1 and not #2!", followed by awkward laughter?


If the thought even crosses your mind to call someone while you are on the john, I am here to tell you that NO ONE wants to talk to you. Yup, that's right, NO ONE. I am pretty sure I would arrange for my own absense while I am using the restroom if I could, so obviously, I don't want to be part of someone else's movement....err, uh, moment.


It all leaves me wondering what the person on the other end of the conversation is feeling. Do they feel really important? ("Hey, I'm so amazing, they cannot even finish defecating before they talk to me! YES!!") or really unimportant? ("What the hell, you couldn't wait until you finished peeing to call me?") Yup, it's hard to guess what they are thinking.


I know what I'm thinking, though. I'm thinking twice about asking anyone to use the Petri dish in their pocket they call a cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment